A good architect, contractor or designer knows that working with clients to achieve the highest success in a project is just as much an art as the actual work is. Clients can become overwhelmed by the available options. This is especially true when it comes to selecting granite for countertops. As one of the most popular and widely used surfaces on the market, granite countertops now come in endless sizes, colors and finishes. From an article in Remodeling Magazine
, here are some valuable tips for helping clients choose the granite countertops that will optimize beauty and home value.
- Gain an understanding of the client's lifestyle and daily routine.
- Inquire whether the client prefers darker materials or lighter materials.
- Ask your client whether they have seen granite countertops they particularly liked a friend or family member's home.
- Before going to a showroom, show the client samples of granite slabs on the computer.
- Show them not only how different finishes look but how they react to cleaning and spills as well
- Ask the client where they prefer seems to go and then advise them where they can be placed to be most hidden
Architects, contractors and designers can find thousands of samples of granite slabs on the Marble & Granite website
. Then when you are ready to bring your client to a showroom, Marble and Granite has large, well-lit and dry showrooms that are comfortable and make it easy to find exactly what you are looking for. Our showrooms
are located in Westwood, Massachusetts and Milford, Connecticut.