Happy Earth Day! In honor of today’s environmentally-focused holiday, here are some ways that Neolith, the ultra-compact, high-performance surfacing material that’s great for kitchen and bath countertops, flooring, interior wall and cladding applications, helps environmentally-conscious builders, designers, and other home professionals feel good about the materials they use in their projects.
Neolith ultra-compact surfacing offers plenty to celebrate this Earth Day; photo via TheSize
• Is 100-percent natural. Made of clays, feldspar, silica, and natural mineral oxides, Neolith does not emit toxic fumes into the environment, even when exposed to fire or extremely high temperatures.
• Is 100-percent recyclable. Since it’s made of all natural materials, Neolith can be recycled and reduced to its aggregate components.
• Meets the strict chemical emissions limits for Greenguard Certification, Greenguard Gold Certification, and CE (European Commission) Certification. Plus it’s a LEED Points Earner and Member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC.)
• Is made into super thin slabs, which boils down to the use of fewer raw materials, less soil erosion and lower Carbon Dioxide emissions and increased fuel efficiency since it’s lighter and easier to transport.
• Means no gut remodels! The slim surface can be applied directly onto existing surfaces, saving remodelers from costly tear-outs and reducing landfill waste. No landfill waste means no waste transportation needed, further reducing net Carbon Dioxide emissions.
• Translates into optimized energy consumption. Neolith is resistant to extremely high and low temperatures, making it ideal for ventilated facades. The thermal insulation and ventilation between the Neolith façade and the building itself optimizes the building’s energy consumption up to 40-percent.
• Is an exceptionally hygienic surface. With a porosity of less than 0.08 percent, Neolith is impervious to absorption, making it resistant to bacteria that can cause disease and trigger allergies.
• Comes with a 15-year manufacturer’s warranty. TheSize does not guarantee the 3 and 5mm thick slabs used for countertop application.
Neolith gives designers, architects, and other industry professionals, confidence that their aesthetically appealing design decisions are equally positive for the environment. Want to know more about Neolith? Visit our website or one of our two New England area showroom locations.