Neolith is the latest innovation in the surface industry. This Ultra Compact Surface is made with 100% natural minerals, and has one of the highest levels of performance when it comes to stain, heat, scratch-, and etch- resistance. It is also 100% UV-proof.
- Overview: Neolith is a ceramic stone that comes in large slabs.
- Appearance: Neolith is ceramic, and is available in a wide variety of colors.
- Beneficial Features: Neolith is stain-, water-, and heat-proof.
- Care Instructions: This material does not need to be sealed and is easy to clean with non-abrasive household cleaners.
Neolith is a ceramic made of 100% clay or sand that is brought directly from the quarry to the manufacturing facility in Spain. This is the latest technology for ultra compact surfaces, and is the most durable. Each quarry is unique, so the clay or sand will have different amounts of silicates and feldspar. Depending on the mixture, clay may have to be added. Other times, they just have to add color to make the stone complete.
* Silicates are most commonly found in nature as quartz—the most abundant mineral on earth. The alkalis in feldspar (calcium oxide, potassium oxide, and sodium oxide)—the second most abundant mineral—act as a flux, lowering the melting temperature of a mixture.