From the template to the final details of the countertop installation, the stone fabricator you choose will have a heavy hand in the appearance and performance of your new stone countertops. As with finding any contractor, you want to be sure you are hiring experienced professionals who take pride in their work. To ensure you have found a trustworthy fabricator, here are the questions to ask.
Ask the fabricator . . .
Marble and Granite
- How long have you been in the stone fabrication industry?
- Are you a certified shop under OSHA Standards?
- Do you have the proper insurance documentation - workers' comp, liability, etc.?
- What are your BBB ratings?
- Do you have a good references list?
- Do you have a contractor's license?
- Does your company do fabrication and installation and will the same person that does my template also do my installation?
- Can you provide me with an itemized quote?
- Will you explain to me how the installation process works and how to care and maintain my stone countertops?
- If I choose marble, will you be comfortable with marble as it is a different species?
- If I choose CaesarStone, Curava or Neolith, are you a certified fabricator?
- If I choose black granite, do you use dye granites?
- How many seams will you put in and where?
- Will you seal my countertops? If so, with what?
- Do you have a showroom that I can visit to see examples of your work and select my own slabs?
- Once I give you the deposit, will you purchase the slabs I selected?
- Do you offer any type of warranty?
lists the top fabricators in the industry nationwide right on our website. Search our list of fabricators
by entering your zip code to find a fabricator near you that will offer high quality at reasonable prices.
Source: Granite Insider
Photo by Karen Melvin Photography via NKBA